I'm crazy about my nieces.
Read below the email sent to my eldest niece (note: keep kleenex handy)
Dearest Pookie Sr,
I'm afraid this is goodbye. I figured the other day when Papa picked "yous" up, I wouldn't be seeing you again before you & your dad take out Sat a.m. But I didn't say anything cuz I didn't want to have to do an official good bye. I would've just gotten a red/swollen-eyed & my nose turns red like Nana's. Or A Allie's. Either one. And Flynn would've gotten upset & then every single human being in the world would fall prostate in tears, if Flynn would've cried. Big brown eyes w/ giant crocidile tears (all of a sudden, I can't spell crockidile/crocadile/crockadile/crotchdial).
It's all too familiar a scene ---- not too different from the one 17 years ago, when we came to see you on your BIRTHday. I remember how hard that was to tell you good bye (funny, I was 17 then too!) & how hard we all cried. Up until that point, I pretty much only loved myself but then you won the place in my heart & at that point, I loved no one else as much as you.
When Papa & I said good bye & both shed a few tears (him one, me one thousand), we drove off out of Clio & I cried & cried & cried. And Papa patted me & said, "You alright sugar?"
I hope you're only gone a few years this time too. So pls make a pact w/ me. NO GETTING MARRIED OUT THERE & NO SETTING UP ROOTS OUT THERE. You hear? You might have been born in MI & headed to CA, but MO is your home.
So take this as my good bye. You'll always be my Thumper, so don't be gone too long. Blow the horn all the way there. Make us proud. Quit growing up. You're beautiful, hope you know how much. (can you tell, lots of snippets of advice here) Always keep God #1. I couldn't be more proud of you. Smile, Jesus love you. Puppets forever. (sorry, gotta keep it real)
Love, love, love YOU! See you Soon.
Love,
Meme
6.19.2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Here's a hug:
{}
Wish I could make it bigger, but I'm not that smart....
xox
Oh my...so very hard
I have been hoping that I will wake up and find I have been having a bad dream. Some things in life are very difficult, and this upcoming move is one of those times. Above all I trust God to send us His peace. And also to have faith that CA will only be a temporary home for the Norris family!
Mom
Be safe Miss Hannah and God bless you. From Gabe and Flynn's Grammy ;-(
Post a Comment