8.13.2008

H-H-HOT

Ah'chee'wawa - just look at him.

He still gets my heart pumping after the handful of years that we've spent seeing each other's bad sides (& his many good sides).

I've already blogged about the way he treats me, as if I'm some goddesss or someone other than a worn out, gym shorts-wearing mom to a toddler & preschooler.

Did you know he likes to cook? He likes to. Which is good because I hate cooking. And although it's a part of life, if it's off-season (soccer coach wife vocab for the 6 months of the year that he's not coaching), you'll find him competing for time in front of the stove (note: competition consists of him saying, "Honey, what's for supper?" and me saying, "I dunno." Then him saying, "Can I make chili?" and me saying, "Uh, okay.")

Did you know that if he's home during bath time (which he usually is during "off-season"), that he doesn't even ask, he just does. the. bath.
You heard me right.
Yes, I know I'm lucky.

And don't get me started on how tolerant the poor sap is. If you've tuned in to my obnoxiousness yet, you can just about imagine how it would be to live on this zany planet (otherwise known as our home) 24-7. And to put up with my oddness.
And to enjoy it to boot.

He shares my interests...and encourages me to partake in them.
He tries to give me free time (when it's off-season, as during season, he has nothing free to give).
Did you see his head full of hair??
He likes to hold hands.
Is patient with the kids.
Partners with me on Sunday mornings to help me do my job.
Loves the color orange & was not just agreeable when I requested to decorate with green + orange.
Held my hair back in my first trimester 'activities'.
Buys me bubble gum ice cream.
And he's all mine.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Hey now, there's nothing wrong with not having a full head of hair...

Anonymous said...

hmmmm ... that's our son!
his Mom & Dad ;-)

Lakeville Vertical said...

How adorable are you two??
Love seeing a post like this. This is truly how God intended marriage to be. You are right on! Keep it up you two love birds. :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think Amy could be any easier to love. Funny, smart, Christ-centered, and have I ever mentioned how gorgeous she is. I mean if there is any doubt check out that profile pic. I have it on my iPod entitled "Holy C&@p"

Lucky,
me

Ken and Amanda said...

You are so lucky! My husband doesn't even know what the stove/oven is! I'm not even sure he could find it! Ha!!

Anonymous said...

I can vouch for Jeff being a great cook! Nothing against you Amy, but your dad and I always enjoy popping in for a meal when your hubby is preparing it. Especially when he is grilling. Amy you are blessed in many ways and having found Jeff is way up there on your list.

Mom

Sue said...

Very sweet. You're both very lucky.