
I have no clue who Flynn is waving to.
Again with the waving.
And this photo, you can see Nessa, FJ, & Gabe (2nd to the last row...in front of the lady whom I hope wore some great deodorant).
This photo makes me laugh...and not just because it's 2:30 am. But because Flynn decided to get brave & raise her arms (or arm?). And honestly, could her little arm be any stiffer in this photo?
I was glad when Nessa took Flynn's hat off during this ride. Photos you didn't see (because they weren't taken, that would mean someone else actually used the camera other than me, which rarely happens), included a situation in the little kid hot air balloon ride. The others were riding roller coasters while me & my two decided to ride one of the few we can ride together. While the hot air balloon started spinning, Flynn's hat blew off.
OH FOR CRYING OUT LOUD. You wouldn't thought she'd been told that the park was closing in 10 seconds. She was traumatized.
But, nothin' a quick CURIOUS GEORGE & THE MAN WITH THE YELLOW HAT reference couldn't fix. Luckily, we'd read a book about the MWTYH's hat flying off while on a roller coaster. And I did that thing that only moms can do, where I convinced her that the irony was hilarious.
But she still bolted like lightning to save her once-white bucket hat...once the ride had "come to a complete stop".

The highlight of the park visit...the giant ferris wheel which we've been riding for years.
Can you tell, this was cutting into Gabe's nap time? (shortly after this, we rode the train, then Gabe, Papa, & I left, for Gabe to take a nap)

Papa, FJ, & Nessa take in the sights. Flynn happily sported her new bucket hat (which by the way was a
97 cent steal at Old Navy). Just pretend her shirt doesn't have melted popsicle on the front.
*****************************
And so.... today officially concludes our somewhat carefree summer. Daddy goes 'back to school' tomorrow -- beginning a week of soccer try-outs & practices; meetings; open house; & getting his classroom ready to go.
Flynn starts another year of dance. And Gabe, well, he starts another season of sticking around Momma while Sissy does all her 'stuff'. I plan to pursue enrolling him in "Tuesday School" & will bug the Y here in town again, to see if they changed their mind (again) about not offering tumbling. There's not much more for a 3 year old boy.
This week also holds a fun day in store: Gabe's 3rd Birthday Party. This one is a FRIENDS birthday party. He invited his good buddies & will enjoy the morning playing with trains & eating cupcakes.
Marking the end of the carefree season, we all took a monumental day-of-rest nap. Mine was an attempt to rid myself of a 20-hour headache. Flynn's was to sleep off a horrible (filled w/ night terrors & awakenings) sleepless night. And Gabe's was to do what he does best, sleep. Daddy just fit in there with us. To make sure us girls didn't roll off the bed I guess?
As to my plans to return to the classroom this fall? Well, apparently God had other plans. I'm not going to lie & say I haven't fought frustration the past couple of weeks. But ultimately, I have peace about the situation. Knowing that everything is indeed out of my hands - but it's all in his hands.
One of my favorite verses....a verse I would read to my buddy Zach, when I would visit him in the hospital, reminds me that no matter how I might feel about the situation, doesn't change the fact that God ultimately has my best interest. He already knows what I'll be doing this school year...and how we'll pay our bills or spend our time. Here's what it says,
"For I know the thoughts and plans that I have for you, says the Lord, thoughts and plans for welfare and peace and not for evil, to give you hope in your final outcome." Jeremiah 29:11
When I got my teaching job, fresh out of college (was offered the position before I had graduated), it was pretty unbelievable. I didn't even interview. It was the easiest thing I'd ever (or didn't really do) done. One of those situations where you go, "Okay God, thanks."
And look... I ended up falling in love with my hot hubs. So, God knew exactly what He was doing (not that He ever doesn't). And really, if God wanted to, He'd snap His big powerful fingers & I'd get a call from a district. He already has our story written. And toward the end of each chapter, I look back & realize, "Ahh, hmm, that's why God did [that] & [that] & [that]" or "No wonder that didn't work out."
It's kinda great to be friends with a God like that. He's got your back.
Peace.
3 comments:
Looks like you had a blast at Six Flags....and hopefully the weather was cooler for you than it was for us!
Madelyn asked about Flynn this morning when we went to dance....I'll tell you about it later!
When did you go to Six Flags? We've been tossing around the idea, but ultimately we decided that we can't skip Riley's nap.
As for the water park...we got nap time in a bit early that day and then as soon as they were up, we headed to Farmington. We got there around 4 9cheaper admission after 4 p.m.) and stayed until 6 (when it closes). The kids had a blast. I'd have posted pictures, but I was too scared to take my camera there.
Looks like a fun day. My girls just love rides. They'd be devestated too if they lost their hat. :)
Post a Comment