8.06.2008

Summertime & The Livin' Is Easy...

With a heat index of 108, there's no other reason to be outside, but to swim.


These were taken on Saturday, during one of our last visits with the girls...at Nana's.


Something neat about this little pool; besides the fact that it's fish-shaped....

My sister & mom threw a really small baby shower for me a week or two before we 'met' Gabe. Since we knew he was a boy -- and we had no boy clothes (& could always use some diapers), everyone was so sweet to bring our boy some new duds.

So, this little fish pool held all the precious gifts.

So when I see the pool on Papa's deck, I think back to those last days before I was to hold him in my arms...

Now he 'helps' us hold him in all sorts of ways.

Note: Um, yes, those are undies my kids are swimming in...we didn't realize they would be swimming & hadn't brought along the proper acquire.

Another note: Yes, Flynn is high jumping over the side with skill & grace. Can't wait 'til track meets!!

4 comments:

Lakeville Vertical said...

Hey my kids have been known to swim in undies in my own backyard. Now they are a little old for that but when they were little sometimes it was just easier. :)

Unknown said...

We have a great shot of JJ at the beach.... how is it.... au naturale? He'd shoot me for leaving this. He was one year, though. It wasn't, um, recently.

:}

Sue said...

Gosh - 108 - that's almost too hot to even swim in. We've had a few days where I was too hot to even take the kids in the pool. Sad, I know. :) You got some great shots.

Angela said...

Oh, my- 108 heat index!??! YUK!! I am NOT a fan of heat... it's pretty humid where you are at too, right? Man... I'm not a fan of winter- but when the temp goes about 90, I start to at least long for fall!