
The day after your arrival. Waiting to be 'released' from the hospital.
Aug 23 '05

Daddy's favorite boy
Oct '05
Momma's little hat-wearer, winter' 06Dearest Gabe,
Sissy & Bubby
Easter '06
This was a birthday I knew I'd have a hard time with. Because this year, you officially leave toddlerhood to cross that huge bridge into preschoolhood. And now Momma no longer has a baby... and because of that, I hope you don't mind if I keep babying you. You are my baby afterall.
Struttin' around in your wedding dudsOct '06
So much has happened in this year of you being two. What stands out the most is that this is the year we saw a drastic development in your speech (thanks to a little intervention). You grew even taller (not much heavier). Your feet & head aren't quite as big as they used to seem - I guess you kind of 'grew into them'.
2nd beach trip
july '07
You recognize most of the letters in the alphabet & every letter's sound. You know all your colors. You know your bedtime prayer. And your favorite song is still TWINKLE, TWINKLE. Your favorite thing right now is SPIDERMAN. You also love trains & cranes, bulldozers, dump trucks. You're not too shabby at kicking around the soccer ball & are very 'rough & tumble' just like a boy your age should be.

2nd bday
aug '07
Much like your sister, you appreciate the arts. Like watching her do her ballet. And joining with her in an art project, painting preferably.
You love getting visitors & watch them leave at the window, complete with seeing their vehicle make its final exit up the subdivision street.
One of your favorite places to go is church. As soon as we round the corner & you see the building (which happens to be a high school), you start shouting, "Church! Church!" This was the year that your class at church became fun for you, rather than a place I left you crying.
You love to dance & act silly. It's already very clear that you have a talent in singing & I've never heard you lose pitch. You sing to be drawn to the guitar & piano.
You have some great friends, like Trey & Owen... you still get excited to see Alex & Baby Aidan, you know Connor & Riley's house when drive by it, and love all of your cousins.
You are nuts about your Grandparents & love to see them. And while I'd be surprised to know you've learned your days of the week, I wouldn't doubt it if you knew exactly when Monday rolls around, as it's your day with Papa.
Your smile is contagious. Your dimple is resistable. And your gravelly laugh can't be forgotten by anyone who has heard it.
My sweet boy, I hope you never change. I hope you never lose your sensitivity that at times drives me crazy. Don't forget the things that Momma & Daddy ("Day") have taught you... that God loves you & wants to be your friend. That you are special & can be anything you want to be.
Even Spiderman.
I love you Gabe & pray special blessings for a wonder-filled, healthy, & joyful year...
Love,
Momma
xoxoxo
9 comments:
I have a new favorite post. This is beautiful. The beach scene is the best. But I'm partial, I s'pose.
hugs to you and the birthday boy!
Happy Birthday, Gabe!
You are one great GRANDson Gabe and so loved by all who know you - you are Mr. Happy, Mr. Silly, Mr. Smiley, Mr. Smarty, Mr. Handsome Grandson ... and well, nearly Mr. Perfect in my book! Happy #3 Bubby. Lots of XOXOXOX, Grammy
Mr. Gabers....I was there to watch you come into the world 3 years ago. It was an awesome thing....we waited so long to have a little boy in our family and are so happy to have you as our nephew. You make us laugh and we are so proud of how you are growing and learning. We miss you SO much...please don't grow up too much while we are living so far away.
Love, Aunt Gi
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Oh no. Booo... hooo.. hoooo.... he's not even my kid and I want to cry. I don't want our babies to grow up so fast. Time- STOP! Rewind!!! Stop flying by too fast!
Happy birthday, buddy.
Stop getting older- you're breaking your mama's heart. ;)
What an incredibly sweet post. Your little guy is such a doll and I think he could be Spiderman also. :)
Love the belly shot below. What a cute baby belly you had. Do you miss it as much as I do?
I hope the next three years don't fly by as quickly as the 1st three have. I'm afraid they will go by even faster. Papa and I enjoy every moment we have with Gabe. He loves the attention he receives from us too. God, thank you again for sending us this bright and handsome grandson!
I love your blog and looking back at the pictures of when Gabe and Flynn were babies. I feel like you all have been part of my family since you are like a second mother to Alex. Thank you for inviting us to the wonderful party and for making us part of your life!
Kim
What a sweet post. I love all the pictures. It's so hard to see them grow up.
Post a Comment