8.12.2008

Windex Clean

I know my patio doors aren't even close to be smudge-free. Matter of fact, most days you can count the itty-bitty finger prints gracing the lower half of the door.

Apparently tho, there is one (may he rest in peace) bird, who thought the door wasn't a door, yet a welcoming tunnel to some other place he wanted to fly.
Ker'plunk.

And Flynn had to witness it.

So, they assessed the situation & indeed, the bird was deceased. Jeff scooped the bird up with a bag. I think the bird deserved a proper burial, but I wasn't around, so I didn't have a say. Jeff did reassure me that they did pray for the birdy's bird-soul. I also think the bird should've had a ceremony, where the song, "BIRDHOUSE IN MY SOUL" (Might be Giants), played. Again, not present.

But afterward, Flynn was very perplexed. And asked, "Where is bird Heaven?" So, I said what I figured would appease her, "In the sky above human Heaven."
That contented her, so she proceeded to graph it out with her arms, "So this is earth..." (flat sweeping motion with her hand, at waist-height) "....and this is human Heaven...." (fist at her chest) "....and way up high, is Heaven for birds..." (she stretched her hand as high as it would go)

5 comments:

Lakeville Vertical said...

So sweet. Your little girl is such a smart little cookie. :)

Sue said...

That's really sweet. Poor little bird. I hear you on the finger prints. We have a piece of class protecting our coffee table - but nothing protects the glass. :) It goes the same with the full length mirror doors on our hall closet. The joys.

Kim said...

I remember one time in 5th or 6th grade, we were all sitting quietly working, when all of a sudden...THWUMP! A HUGE bird flew right into the window and then just slid down the window to the ground. If it hadn't been so traumatic, it would have been funny.

Anonymous said...

That Flynn is so sweet ... I am sure she still thinks about the 'gone to birdy heaven bird' ... no doubt her first encounter with 'the end' ...

Bless her little heart, Grammy

Anonymous said...

That Flynn, she makes my heart laugh and get choked up all at the same time. What a sugar plum she is!!

Nana